Monday, October 26, 2015

Some Tidbits of Me

I kinda wanted to show off a little about me and what I love. I'm going to go away from the super depressive stuff today and think on the positive side rather than the negative.

When dealing with depression I often find it hard to do things, but knowing that someone or something relies on me really helps me get out of bed in the morning.

Personally I absolutely adore animals, big small, furry, scaly, I love them all. I am a constant volunteer at a local animal rescue here in the city, the rescue is called Amazing Grace. I tend to photograph many of the four legged friends that walk through the doors of the rescue. With doing so
helps the animals get adopted much faster and find their paws into a loving home.


Here is a picture I took not too long ago of a wonderful dog named Zephyr. He is one of my favorites at the rescue and my favorite pooch to snap pictures of.

His background is kinda rough but you wouldn't have guessed it by that adorable furry face of his!






 I love having the ability to spend so much quality time with the animals and volunteers that work at the rescue every day.
My senior year of high school I ran my own little fundraiser called "Paintings for Pets" I sold many paintings and raised $200 for the rescue. I had the honor of being interviewed and was on the front page of the paper about me helping the rescue by selling my paintings.
Some of my favorite things to paint are animals. 100% of any proceeds I have made from my paintings have been donated to the Amazing Grace Animal Rescue.

These three cats are some of my favorites, from left to right there is Valentine (deceased), Stella (Adopted), and Zipper. 
Photo courtesy of SaginawNews

Another thing about me is my general all out geeky/nerdy ness. I love adding all the nerdy to my house. I currently just finished decorating my bathroom in Star Wars.
. I love to cosplay and have been learning all I can on how to perfect my cosplaying. I have recently been able to bring my sister into the geeky world as well. We recently went to Almacon this past summer as Lady Loki (Me) and Poison Ivy (Sister).

xoxo

-Courteney

No comments:

Post a Comment