Saturday, April 1, 2017

A Touchy Subject

My entire life I've always been fat.
I had always been 'chubby' in my youth. What can I say? I like(d) food. Sweets in particular.
I've never been thin. I've never been able to run a mile without panting like a dog in the hot sun and passing out. I've never been able to shop in the clearance section and find my size. As a plus size gal these are things I've learned to live with.
As I grew older, I also grew aware that I wasn't 'conventionally' pretty. I didn't have a great complexion (hello pizza face). I've always had a gut and thunder thighs. And I'm more awkward than anything.
I've always surrounded myself with beautiful people. A lot of my friends were (are) gorgeous. Thin, perky, friendly, in my eyes perfect.
Growing up I can't begin to explain how hard this was on my self esteem. I haven't been under 200lbs since 7th grade. I've always been obese. I was weird, emo, never popular.

This year I've decided to make a change. I'm done being my weight. I want to better myself.
Ever since I've contemplated getting married, I look in the mirror and think, "Is this the body I want to look at coming down the isle?" While my self esteem at the age of 20 is high, and I do in fact love my body. It's just not healthy to be my size.

My doctors have all told me the same thing. Lose weight. It's to the point where it's affecting my health. So it's time to make changes.

I've joined a gym, I've been going 3-4 timed a week and working my ass off. In just three weeks I've been able to lose 8lbs and just the other day I hired a trainer for six weeks to keep my ass in check.
She told me I should be able to lose at least 10lbs a month. With my age a factor and the fact that I've never really exercised the first 30lbs should melt right off. I'm hoping this is true.

My goal is to be 175. This was my weight in 7th grade. I haven't been in the hundreds in 8 or 9 years.

Here's to a better me
This is just the beginning.

Start 212lb
Goal 175lb

Till Midnight,
Courteney

No comments:

Post a Comment